Monday, March 19, 2007

Saturday 17th March

It was a little cloudy on todays visit between 7.05am and 8.05, with the temperature still rather mild. A Chiff Chaff sang from behind the Willington Street Park & Ride. A Grey Heron and a Kingfisher fished along the Len. Another Chiff Chaff sang from behind Mote House and a third one from the Marsh Alders. Both a Great Spotted Woodpecker and a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker called from the Len Wood.

A Brief scan of the Lake showed at least 6 Mute Swans, 4 Great Crested Grebes and 1 Tufted Duck, together with the Canada Geese, Mallard, Coots and Moorhens. 2 Mute Swan were in the Marsh pool and 2 Coot were in the spring pool. 2 Med. Gulls were flying above the Lake. A pair of Moorhen was on the Pond.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hi Simon,

Nice blog and thanks for the link to mine. I will add you to my favourites!

I was in Mote Park on Sunday (with the kids so not birding....although I have a small monocular that I always have with me) A Chiify singing and a Med Gull over were highlights (above the din of the playground!)

Cheers

Next Event - TBA